Wednesday, July 13, 2011

GRAPHIC NOVEL REVIEW DARK SWAN: STORM BORN

CREDITS:
WRITTEN BY: RICHELLE MEAD AND GRANT ALTER
ART BY: DAVE HAMMAN

PLOT SUMMARY:
Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, shes been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy suddenly makes her the other world's most popular bachelor-ette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that Begin emerging from her past...

ISSUE: 1 and 2
 
Like my friend, I also never had a habit of reading graphic novels (since I like to use my own imagination while reading the book), so I guess its safe to assume that I am in no way considered an expert in this field.
So from a total novice point of view these two book was actually pretty good, the dialogues were direct and to the point with a touch of humour here and there, in a few words writers managed to portray each and every characters personality. The story plot gripped my attention from the start, cause come on who doesnt love a girl who can kick supernatural creatures ass?? especially a girl who has style!!
Overall I found the story legen-wait for it- dary...legendary!! and would definitely love to read the next issues, and hey who knows I might start considering reading comics!




No comments:

Post a Comment